More about HTML5 and Chrome
If you want to get a feel of what is possible with HTML5 this is a good place to look at. Here is the link. (You can use left and right arrow key to navigate)
It is one single page but it behaves like a presentation. It showcases enhancements in JS, HTML & CSS:
- Client Side Storage (Web SQL Database, App Cache, Web Storage) – you can enter text which gets saved locally, you can create a local table
- Communication (Web Sockets, Worker Workers)
- Desktop experience (Notifications, Drag and Drop API) – drag-drop works beautifully – for text as well as picture
- Semantics (New tags, Link Relations, Microdata)
- Accessibility (ARIA roles)
- Web Forms 2.0 (Input Fields)
- Multimedia (Audio Tag, Video Tag)
- 2D and 3D drawing (Canvas, WebGL) – neat – you can rotate, pan and resize photos
- Transitions, transforms and animations
This reinforces my belief that HTML5 is going to be a game changer. Adobe should be worried – justification to use Flash becomes less and less! What about iPhone / iPad native applications – what about Microsoft Silverlight? This will surely be a fillip to Web 2.0 making it much easier to create RIA applications.
If you are not already using Chrome, I strongly recommend that you install Chrome and try this.