Outlier = legitimate data point that’s far away from the mean or median in a distribution Anomaly = illegitimate data point that’s generated by a different process than whatever generated the rest of the data Ravi Parikh has written a very interesting blog on this topic – Garbage In, Garbage Out: How Anomalies Can Wreck Your Data. … Continue reading
- 713,367 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Curious story of software outsourcing
- Agile, Offshoring and Dreyfus Model of Learning
- Blogging Tips - 3 Things that have worked for me
- Is Facebook clueless about how to justify its IPO price?
- Technology Adoption – 2 beliefs you need to undo
- Artificial Intelligence - Myth or Reality, Boon or Bane
- Big Data – Is it a solution in search of a problem?
- Seth Godin vs Malcolm Gladwell
- How do you think?
- Does having more data allow you to make better decision?